1. Accept who you are - be yourself & build on it
2. Have a fucking vision
3. Accept the fact that you're going to have to be a dick sometimes
4. Use every trick you have to realize the vision
KNOW PEOPLE'S NEEDS
SET THE TONE
KEEP THE PACE
People expect you to listen to them & implement all their ideas. You are very uncomfortable saying "no".
Rough and tough on the surface, but have other people's best interest at heart.
You have been brought up to avoid conflict but this is an integral part of team work - as a leader, you must be diligent about addressing conflict as you are setting the example and standard for the teams workability.
Silence is considered a disagreement - if all members did not weigh in, a decision can not be made. The leader should go around and ask every member for a formal commitment to that decision.
A Great Leader
- Have a strong vision
- Inspired enough to inspires others
- Passionate enough to impassion others
- Use every trick & weapon in your arsenal to realize that vision
"Criticism should always be coupled with praise."
- R. Branson