These note are gathered from a great book called “Contagious: Why Things Catch On”. The book is a great read, all the way through, so if you like what you see here, I highly suggest giving it a read. Enjoy!
We share things that make us look good.
- Does talking about your product/idea make people look good?
- Can you find the inner re-markability? Leverage game mechanics?
- Does talking about you product/idea make people feel like insiders?
When we care, we share.
- Focus on feelings. Does talking about your product/idea generate emotion?
- How can you kendle the fire?
Top of mind, tip of tongue.
- Consider the context, what cues make people think or talk about your idea/product?
- How can you grow the habit and make it come to mind more often?
Built to show, built to grow.
- Does your product/ idea advertise itself?
- Can others see when others are using it?
- if not, how can you make the private public?
- Can you create behavioral residue that sticks around even after people use it?
Information travels under the guise of idle chatter.
- What is your Trojan Horse?
- Is your message imbedded in a broader narrative that people want to share?
- Is the story not only viral, but also valuable?
News you can use.
- Does talking about your product/idea help people help others?
- How can you highlight incredible value, packaging the idea/knowledge in to useful information others will wan to disiminate