Ask yourself these
Are you self-assured?"
Are you enjoying yourself?
"Do you have grit?"
Can you answer
"yes" to all 3?
| Congratulations! You're doing great. Carry on. That's OK. But, it's probably time to switch it up and make some changes. Take a moment to meditate or reflect. This will help you find the time and energy you need to make things right.
These note are gathered from a great book called “Contagious: Why Things Catch On”. The book is a great read, all the way through, so if you like what you see here, I highly suggest giving it a read. Enjoy!
We share things that make us look good.
- Does talking about your product/idea make people look good?
- Can you find the inner re-markability? Leverage game mechanics?
- Does talking about you product/idea make people feel like insiders?
When we care, we share.
- Focus on feelings. Does talking about your product/idea generate emotion?
- How can you kendle the fire?
Top of mind, tip of tongue.
- Consider the context, what cues make people think or talk about your idea/product?
- How can you grow the habit and make it come to mind more often?
Built to show, built to grow.
- Does your product/ idea advertise itself?
- Can others see when others are using it?
- if not, how can you make the private public?
- Can you create behavioral residue that sticks around even after people use it?
Information travels under the guise of idle chatter.
- What is your Trojan Horse?
- Is your message imbedded in a broader narrative that people want to share?
- Is the story not only viral, but also valuable?
News you can use.
- Does talking about your product/idea help people help others?
- How can you highlight incredible value, packaging the idea/knowledge in to useful information others will wan to disiminate
We often use
& creativity to
Uniquely to Our Senses
Pleasing to Observe
Enjoyable to Consume
We call this type of work "art".
Art is a cornerstone of humanity and the essence of culture. It’s also a tool for innovation, inspiration & exploration. That is why we honor great artists & great art work - because at our core, we believe that inspired people lead inspired lives. Inspired people can change the world.
SOURCE & DEDICATIONThe undelying beauty of art is in the process. Once we realize that it's equally valuable to create art as it is to consume it, we can dedicate ourselves to purpose w/in the hours and hard work it takes to create something great. We are all artists, and when we share our gifts w/ others, we "free fall". We're surrendering our stored energy to our universe (the reciving public), which is not always an easy thing to do. But it gets easier when we're happy w/ our work, regardless of how others respond to it. I've found that the most rewarding experiences are often the hardest ones to commit to. So, when we are ready to take a chance, take some risks, remember that grace & forgiveness is obtainable - gently rest your fear and go for it - free fall. And thank you for sharing! Because even if/when your work doesn't resonate w/ me, that's ok - if it's honest than I'm all the better for experiencing it. Be an artist, create artwork, share it & shine on. That's what I want to see. That's what I'm going to do. So, cheers to all the artisits out there, accross the board, accross all medians - you got us here! Thank you for sharing. Thank you for inspiring. We are forever grateful.
Artist & patron forever,
something to be
“Discipline equals freedom.”
- Jocko Willink
“In order to convince and inspire others to follow & accomplish a mission, a leader must be a true believer in the mission. Even when others doubt or question the amount of risk - asking “is it worth it?” - the leader must believe in the greater cause.
Leaders must always operate with the understanding that they’re part of something greater than themselves and their own personal interest.
They must impart this understanding to their teams, down to the tactical level of operation on the ground. Far more important than training and equipment - a resolute belief in the mission is critical for any team or organization to win and achieve big results.”
A Good complement is a warm breeze on a Cool day.